Helicopter Tours of the Columbia River Gorge
The Best Views of the Columbia River Gorge and Multnomah Falls!
Experience the stunning grandeur of the Columbia River Gorge and Multnomah Falls, from the incomparable vantage point of our tour helicopters. The giant, wrap around, floor to ceiling windows provide the absolute best views possible. The mighty Columbia River will stretch out below, the massive snowcapped Cascade Mountains will loom above, and you’ll glide past dramatic cliff faces and elegant waterfalls at eye level. The sensation is dreamlike, as if you are hovering right in the center of an amazing natural scene – and you are.
Private, Comfortable, Unforgettable
Leave the crowds and the traffic below as you direct your pilot towards the next unbelievable sight that catches your eye. All our Gorge helicopter tours are private, you’ll have this amazing time to yourselves and you’ll have the discretion to change the tour routing to fit your personal interests.*
See Famous Gorge Landmarks
Our helicopters will quickly and effortlessly sweep you out to see the very best of the Gorge. The Columbia River Gorge is designated a National Scenic Area and for good reason. The natural landscape is truly marvelous and a thrill to behold. Whether traveling by car, by boat, or hiking, the Gorge will impress. The special uniqueness of helicopters is that have huge windows and fly slow to give you expansive views of all great landmarks in the Gorge. The helicopter moves easily from one side of the Gorge to the other to take you closer to points of interest that would otherwise be inaccessible. And, if the weather and flight conditions are favorable, you can ask your pilot climb up, over the top of the Gorge to expand your view out over the deep forests of the Bull Run and get great shots of Mt. Hood. This is something that no other Gorge tour can offer and you’ll find it absolutely breathtaking.
Here are some of the many famous landmarks you can see on a helicopter tour of the Gorge: Multnomah Falls, Crown Point Vista House, Beacon Rock, Cape Horn, the Bonneville Dam, Latourelle Falls, the Bridge of the Gods, Eagle Creek, the Bull Run, and more.**
An Easy Stop off I-84
Tours start in Troutdale, Oregon, right on I-84, at the very mouth of the Columbia River Gorge, 20 miles east of downtown Portland. If your taking a road trip into the Gorge from Portland, this is directly along your route.***
Book an Unforgettable Helicopter Tour of the Columbia River Gorge Today
Click the “Book Now” button of your chosen tour below and follow a quick check out process that will let you see and choose the exact times and dates available. You are also welcome to call us at (503) 987-0060 with questions or for help booking any Oregon Helicopters tour.
Gateway to the Gorge Helicopter Tour
Highlights include Multnomah Falls, Crown Point Vista House, Cape Horn, Latourelle Falls, and the Sandy River
Approx. 25 miles and 20 minutes.
Beacon Rock Gorge Helicopter Tour
Includes the Gateway tour highlights and goes further, past Horsetails Falls to Beacon Rock.
Approx. 35 miles and 30 minutes
Heart of the Gorge Helicopter Tour
Includes Beacon Rock tour highlights and goes further, past Bonneville Dam to Bridge of the Gods.
Approx. 50 miles and 40 minutes
Eagle Creek Gorge Helicopter Tour
Includes all other Gorge tour highlights and goes up Eagle Creek, and above Bull Run for huge views of Mt. Hood.
Approx. 60 miles and 60 minutes
*Minimum 2 passengers required, tickets priced per seat
**Multnomah Falls and Crown Point Vista House, two must see favorites, are highlights of every tour. See map below for an approximate route of each tour.
***Tours start from Troutdale Airport at I-84, exit 17. Want to start in Downtown Portland instead? See our Exclusive Multnomah Falls and Gorge Tour.
Columbia Gorge Tour Routes.
Click the expand menu icon (map upper left) and select the tours your interested in.
All tour routes and distances are approximate and given for general orientation purposes only.
Exact tour routing may deviate at pilot’s discretion due to weather and other factors.
For more route information or to organize a private custom tour call customer service at (503) 987-0060.
Prices for Gorge Tours vary, see tour descriptions above. Price shown is per passenger.
Columbia River Gorge helicopter tours are available to be booked year round, weather permitting. To see current availability use the online calendar during checkout or call (503) 987-0060.
472 NW Perimeter Rd. Troutdale OR 97060 (Blue hangar at NE corner of Troutdale Airport)
See more information about helicopter tours in the Columbia River Gorge in the FAQ's below.
Columbia River Gorge Helicopter Tour FAQ’s
Do you have any dates/times still available or are you sold out?
- To see dates and times available just choose the “book now” button for the tour you’re interested in and you will be taken to a calendar showing availability.
Do you take walk-ins for Columbia River Gorge helicopter tours?
- We cannot take walk ins at this time for Columbia River Gorge tours. Bookings must be made at least 1 day in advance. If you are looking for same day, walk in options, tours our available from our Downtown Portland base year round and can often be booked on a walk in basis. For information about Downtown Portland based helicopter tours, see here.
Are the prices shown per person?
- Yes, prices shown above are for 1 ticket good for a single rider.
What ages can fly?
- There is no age limit. Babies under 2 can fly in an adults arms for free. All others will fly in their own seat and will need a ticket.
Do you take credit cards?
- Yes. All major credit cards are accepted.
I placed a booking but haven’t received a confirmation, what should I do?
- When you place a booking via the Oregon Helicopters website, you should receive a confirmation email almost instantaneously. If you do not receive this email please call customer service at (503) 987-0060 and we will help resolve the issue.
Do I have to fly with my child who is a minor?
- No, children can ride without their parents. However a parent or guardian will need to read and sign a waiver on behalf of a child who is under 18 years old.
Can we take pictures?
- Absolutely, pictures are encouraged. You can take them both in front of the helicopter together and during flight (we’d love it if you tag us in your posts after the flight too!!!).
What is the weight limit for the passengers?
- The weight limit for a single passenger is 300 pounds.
When should I arrive?
- Please arrive at the address indicated above at least 10 minutes prior to your scheduled flight time in order to check in, sign waivers, and do a safety briefing with the staff.
Is it cold in the helicopter, do I need special clothes?
- No, the helicopter is heated. Dress appropriate to the season as you would for a car ride
Will I ride with the people in my group?
- Yes, you will always be put with members of your group. If your group is larger than the number of available seats in the helicopter then we will split your group up in order to fly everyone in sequence.
Will the helicopter ride be private?
- Yes, all Columbia River Gorge helicopter tours are private with a minimum purchase of 2 or more tickets.
To see complete Terms & Conditions click here.