Helicopter Tours of the Columbia River Gorge
Guaranteed Best Views of the Columbia River Gorge and Multnomah Falls!
Experience the stunning grandeur of the Columbia River Gorge and Multnomah Falls, from the incomparable vantage point of our tour helicopters. The giant, wrap around, floor to ceiling windows provide the absolute best views possible. The Columbia River will stretch out below, the massive snowcapped Cascade Mountains will loom above, and you’ll glide past dramatic cliff faces and elegant waterfalls at eye level.
See Famous Gorge Landmarks
Multnomah Falls, Crown Point Vista House, Beacon Rock, Cape Horn, the Bonneville Dam, Latourelle Falls, the Bridge of the Gods, Eagle Creek, and the Bull Run are some of the famous Gorge landmarks you can see on our helicopter tours. The natural landscape is truly marvelous and a thrill to behold. Our helicopters will quickly and effortlessly sweep you out to see the very best of the Gorge.
An Easy Stop off I-84
Tours start in Troutdale, Oregon, at the very mouth of the Columbia River Gorge, 20 miles east of downtown Portland. If you are taking a road trip into the Gorge from Portland, this is directly along your route.
Book an Unforgettable Helicopter Tour of the Columbia River Gorge Today
Click the “Book Now” button of your chosen tour below and follow a quick check out process that will let you see and choose the exact times and dates available.
Gateway to the Gorge Helicopter Tour
Approx. 25 miles and 20 minutes.
Beacon Rock Gorge Helicopter Tour
Approx. 35 miles and 30 minutes
Heart of the Gorge Helicopter Tour
Approx. 50 miles and 40 minutes
*Tours start from Troutdale Airport at I-84, exit 17. Want to start in Downtown Portland instead? See our Exclusive Multnomah Falls and Gorge Tour.
Columbia Gorge Tour Routes.
Click the expand menu icon (map upper left) and select the tours your interested in.
All tour routes and distances are approximate and given for general orientation purposes only.
Exact tour routing may deviate at pilot’s discretion due to weather and other factors.
For more route information or to organize a private custom tour call customer service at (503) 987-0060.
Prices for Gorge Tours vary, see tour descriptions above. Price shown is per passenger.
Columbia River Gorge helicopter tours can be booked year round. To see current availability use the online calendar during checkout or call (503) 987-0060.
472 NW Perimeter Rd. Troutdale OR 97060 (Blue hangar at NE corner of Troutdale Airport)
See more information about helicopter tours in the Columbia River Gorge in the FAQ's below.
Columbia River Gorge Helicopter Tour FAQ’s
Do you have any dates/times still available or are you sold out?
- During the winter season Gorge based helicopter tours are available on Mondays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
- To see dates and times available just choose the “book now” button for the tour you’re interested in and you will be taken to a calendar showing current availability.
How far in advance do bookings need to be made?
- Bookings can be made up to 2 hours prior to departure time pending availalibility.
Are the prices shown per person?
- Yes, prices shown above are for 1 ticket good for a single rider.
What ages can fly?
- There is no age limit. Babies under 2 can fly in an adults arms for free. All others will fly in their own seat and will need a ticket.
Do you take credit cards?
- Yes. All major credit cards are accepted.
I placed a booking but haven’t received a confirmation, what should I do?
- When you place a booking via the Oregon Helicopters website, you should receive a confirmation email almost instantaneously. If you do not receive this email please call customer service at (503) 987-0060 and we will help resolve the issue.
Do I have to fly with my child who is a minor?
- No, children can ride without their parents. However a parent or guardian will need to read and sign a waiver on behalf of a child who is under 18 years old.
Can we take pictures?
- Absolutely, pictures are encouraged. You can take them both in front of the helicopter together and during flight (we’d love it if you tag us in your posts after the flight too!!!).
What is the weight limit for the passengers?
- The weight limit for a single passenger is 300 pounds.
When should I arrive?
- Please arrive at the address indicated above at least 10 minutes prior to your scheduled flight time in order to check in, sign waivers, and do a safety briefing with the staff.
Is it cold in the helicopter, do I need special clothes?
- No, the helicopter is heated. Dress appropriate to the season as you would for a car ride
Will I ride with the people in my group?
- Yes, you will always be put with members of your group. If your group is larger than the number of available seats in the helicopter then we will split your group up in order to fly everyone in sequence.
To see complete Terms & Conditions click here.