Oregon Helicopters Terms & Conditions: Effective July 1, 2021
All flights must be purchased in advance and you must have a flight reservation scheduled.
All flight reservations must be confirmed. Notification will be given via the email address you provided during your purchase. Call 503-987-0060 or email at [email protected] to confirm your flight or to reschedule (see “Rescheduling” below).
Lead passenger/purchaser must have a valid photo ID or the credit or debit card used to book your flight reservation.
Oregon Helicopters does not provide refunds for any tour purchases or Gift Certificate(s) purchases after 30 days from the date of purchase*.
MINIMUM/MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PASSENGERS
Tickets sold by Oregon Helicopters are sold on a per seat basis. A minimum of two (2) passengers are required to conduct any of Oregon Helicopters flights. A maximum of four (4) riders can be carried at one time. Single riders or people who want to buy individual tickets may book one ticket by phone. Note that single riders must either purchase two tickets in order to fly by themselves or them may find a person to purchase another single ticket and ride together.
All flights conducted by Oregon Helicopters are private. Meaning, with the aforementioned two-ticket minimum purchase, you will only fly with your own party and no one else except crew will be on board.
Gift Certificates bought directly from Oregon Helicopters are valid for twelve (12) months from the date of purchase.
Oregon Helicopters will not honor any reservations after 12 months from the date of purchase without prior arrangement.
Your online purchases and Gift Certificate(s) prices are guaranteed at time of purchase and you will not be subject to pricing escalations. Should Gift Certificate value be applied to a tour other than the tour given as a gift, the Gift Certificate value will be 100% applicable to the new tour chosen. The price of the new tour chosen will be the current published tour price on the date that the booking is made and may not reflect the price of that tour at the time of Gift Certificate purchase.
All tour purchases and Gift Certificate(s) are eligible for a full refund up to 30 days after the date of purchase. To be eligible for refund you must notify Oregon Helicopters via telephone or email within 30 days from the date of purchase. Oregon Helicopters does not provide refunds for any online or Gift Certificate(s) purchases after 30 days from date of purchase. Refund requests on Gift Certificates within the 30 day refund period will only be made back to the card used to make the Gift Certificate purchase.
Tour purchases are not eligible for transfer without prior arrangement, however Gift Certificates are transferable. Gift Certificate recipients must state via email or by phone when booking their flight that they are the recipient of a Gift Certificate and provide the Gift Certificate number.
Booking cancellations may be made at any time prior to 24 hours before flight. Cancellations made within 24 hours of flight time, will result in a forfeiture of funds.
If you need to change your tour reservation with us, please provide us with at least 24 hours prior notice to your scheduled flight reservation and we will be happy to accommodate your schedule change. All changes to flight reservations are on a first-come, first serve basis. Cancellations or requests to reschedule within 24 hours of flight date and time will result in a forfeiture of funds.
All flight reservations are scheduled in advance and confirmed. If you do not arrive on-time and check-in, you will be considered as a “no-show”. All no-shows will be assessed a 100% cancellation fee and no refunds will be provided. Further, any passenger that has checked in and fails to board their flight will be considered a no-show. No refunds will be provided if the passenger is unable to board due to health issues, panic, anxiety, or exceeding maximum weight limitations (see “Weight Limitations” below).
WEATHER OR TECHNICAL ISSUES:
Oregon Helicopters has the right to cancel any flight any time for any reason. All flights are weather and equipment permitting. Should your helicopter sightseeing tour be cancelled by Oregon Helicopters due to weather or mechanical technicalities, you have two options available to you: 1) you may request a full refund (provided that the flight cancellation is within 30 days from date of purchase) or you can opt to reschedule your flight for a later date (up to one year after the date of cancellation). Company is not responsible for rescheduling resulting from weather or technical issues and will make every effort to offer a suitable substitute date but will not refund money if the purchase was made more than 30 days prior. Please note that flight routes and destinations may be changed due to weather conditions and the route may be re-routed solely at the decision of Oregon Helicopters without penalty.
Helicopter manufacturer specifications limit maximum single seat weight to 300 pounds. Maximum total weight for all passengers is approximately 600 pounds. If individual or group weights exceed total allowable, Oregon Helicopters reserves the right to cancel or adjust flights or remove passenger(s) prior to departure as necessary. Please contact us with any questions or concerns regarding weight restrictions on helicopter flights conducted by Oregon Helicopters.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY:
By boarding the helicopter you acknowledge that the helicopter ride purely voluntary and have made the decision to fly onboard the helicopter of your own free will. You further understand and acknowledge that, but for your voluntary execution of this Agreement, Oregon Helicopters would not provide a helicopter ride. In consideration of providing you with a helicopter ride (“Passenger”), you are agreeing to the following:
1. REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK. You freely and voluntarily choose to assume all the conditions and risks inherent in aircraft flight, including but not limited to risks of negligent conduct of others and equipment or aircraft malfunction.
2. EXEMPTION AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY. You, your heirs, next of kin, assigns, executors, administrators, guardians, and legal representatives hereby EXEMPT, RELEASE, ACQUIT, FOREVER DISCHARGE, AND HOLD HARMLESS Oregon Helicopters, or any officers, directors, agents, representatives, servants, contractors, employees, members, successors, and/or assigns, whether acting on the behalf of Oregon Helicopters, or individually, from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action of every nature whatsoever, whether in contract or in tort or under any other legal theory, arising out of my participation in a helicopter ride.
3. COVENANT NOT TO SUE. I, my heirs, next of kin, assigns, executors, administrators, guardians, and legal representatives agree never to institute any lawsuit of any nature, any action at law, or otherwise against Oregon Helicopters, or any of their officers, directors, agents, representatives, servants, contractors, employees, members, successors, and/or assigns, nor to initiate or assist the prosecution of any claim for damages or any cause of action which you, your heirs, next of kin, assigns, executors, administrators, guardians, and legal representatives hereafter may have by reason of death or injury to your person or damage to your property arising out of my participation in a helicopter ride. Should any lawsuit or action at law or otherwise be instituted in violation of this Agreement, you, on behalf of yourself, your heirs, next of kin, assigns, executors, administrators, guardians, and legal representatives, agree that Oregon Helicopters, or any of their officers, directors, agents, representatives, servants, contractors, employees, members, successors, and/or assigns, shall be entitled to recover, in addition to any other damages which may be incurred, all attorney’s fees and costs incurred in the defense of such actions, including appellate proceedings.
4. INDEMNITY AGAINST CLAIMS. You, your heirs, next of kin, assigns, executors, administrators, guardians, and legal representatives agree to indemnify, defend, save, and hold harmless Oregon Helicopters, or any of their officers, directors, agents, representatives, servants, employees, members, successors, and/or assigns with regards to any and all losses, claims, actions, and proceedings of every nature whatsoever which may be presented or initiated by any person or entity, arising directly or indirectly out of your participation in any helicopter rides.
5. WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL/APPLICABLE LAW/VENUE/JURISDICTION. You agree that the law of the State of Oregon shall apply to all issues arising out of this Agreement, including but not limited to the construction, interpretation, and validity of this Agreement, and that Oregon law shall govern any dispute between you (including your heirs, next of kin, assigns, executors, administrators, guardians, and legal representatives) and Oregon Helicopters, or any of their officers, directors, agents, representatives, servants, employees, members, successors, and/or assigns arising out of your participation in a helicopter ride. In the event of any litigation arising out of this Agreement and/or your participation in a helicopter ride, you waive your right to a jury trial, and you agree that such litigation shall be brought in the Circuit or County Court of Washington County, Oregon. By signing this Agreement, you, on behalf of yourself, your heirs, next of kin, assigns, executors, administrators, guardians, and legal representatives, submit to the jurisdiction of the Circuit and County Court of Washington County, Oregon.
6. USE OF IMAGERY AND LIKENESS. You hereby grant to Oregon Helicopters LLC and Oregon Helicopters LLC reserves the right to use, for promotional purposes, any photographs (of you or your child) taken by Oregon Helicopters LLC during any activity. Such images may be used in Oregon Helicopters LLC brochures, social media, website or other promotional material without liability.
YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THIS AGREEMENT IS INTENDED TO BE AS BROAD AND INCLUSIVE AS IS PERMITTED BY THE LAW OF THE STATE OF OREGON, AND THAT IF ANY PORTION HEREOF IS JUDICIALLY DETERMINED TO BE INVALID, THE BALANCE SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL LEGAL FORCE AND EFFECT.